Βρίσκεστε εδώ: Οικοσελίδα Πολιτική Προστασίας Προσωπικών Δεδομένων
Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists, is committed to safeguarding your privacy while visiting our website (henceforth Site), www.aca-cy.org. Our goal is to provide you with an internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant to you about our Association. To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users. Because we understand that your privacy is important, we wish to explain the types of information we gather and the way in which we use it.
Compliance with Current Legislation
The Site of Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists must comply with the Principles of the Processing of Personal Data (Protection of Individual Law 2001 (138(1)/2001), as well as the European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (Directive 2002/58). The Act contains eight governing Principles relating to the collection, use and disclosure of data, and the rights of data subjects to have access to personal data concerning themselves. These Principles are:
(1) Personal data shall be processed, fairly and lawfully according to specific conditions.
(2) Personal Data shall be obtained only for one or more specified lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
(3) Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
(4) Personal Data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
(5) Personal Data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
(6) Personal Data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of Data Subjects under this Act.'
The rights of the Data Subject include the following:
- the right of Data Subjects to request access to the information held about them, the purpose(s) for which the information is being used and those to whom it is or may be disclosed;
- to prevent processing likely to cause damage or distress;
- to prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing;
- to be informed of the logic behind any automatic decision making;
- to take action for compensation if they suffer damage for any contravention of the Act by the Data Controller;
- to take action to rectify, block, erase or destroy inaccurate data;
- the right to ask the Information Commissioner to assess whether or not it is likely that any processing of Personal Data has not been carried out in accordance with the Act.
(7) Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to Personal Data.
(8) Personal Data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Data Subjects in relation to the processing of Personal Data.
What Information is Collected about You? How Do We Use It?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about one of our services or products. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form. All forms will provide an opt-out button to allow you to choose not to provide the information. In deciding whether or not to use such services or products, please note that they are only used for Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists purposes. We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time. All e-mails distributed to our lists will contain easy, online access to unsubscribe.
Use of Aggregated Data
Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for statistical purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorized persons. Transmissions sent to or from us are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration.
All your personal information is considered sensitive and we operate our Site on a server secured with Secure Sockets Layer technology throughout to minimize the risk of unauthorized use of such information. All your personal information that is transmitted via our Site is encrypted.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists has two exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
(1) Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found at the Site.
(2) Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists may disclose information when required by law; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links Provided to Other Sites
Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful examples of our work and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Policy Modifications & Contacting
Σύνδεσμος Κυπρίων Αρχαιολόγων - Association of Cypriot Archaeologists
P.O. Box 20058