It is with great pleasure that we would like to inform you that the website of the Association of Cypriot Archaeologists is back online. Our website has been fully redesigned and the supporting software and security measures have been updated. The main features of our new website are the following:
- Upgrade of the underlying content management system to Joomla 3.4.8 and update of all security policies.
- Redesign of the website template and particular elements of the site, along with synchronization of the graphic identity of all the applications and plugins utilised in the site. Within this framework the top menu has been restructured, the left column discarded to increase article and images viewing space, while the top menu is now fixed and sticky-on-scroll, hence always available to the user.
- The homepage has been redesigned with the aim to provide fuller and more relevant information to site visitors.
- The template and several plugins, such as the image viewer, are fully responsive and can accommodate viewing the website on tablets and smartphones.
- The entire website and externally loaded elements, such as fonts and maps, are now under SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which allows establishing an encrypted link between the server and the user’s browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- A new and powerful calendar application has been integrated to the website and exhibits all the events organized both by the Association of Cypriot Archaeologists, and other archaeological organizations and bodies in Cyprus. The events are colour-coded according to their categories, while events stretching over longer periods of time, such as exhibitions, are presented on a separate list below the calendar. The calendar has also been connected to a newsletter service (Mailchimp) and within next week Members of the ACA will start receiving a twice a week a newsletter with all the events coming up, while the e-mail forwarding service will cease.
- We have also fully sync the Greek and English translations of the website at an article level in order to accommodate seamless switching between the supported languages. Unfortunately, at present, the events incorporated in the Calendar are only provided in Greek.
Looking ahead we also plan to further enhance the website, as follows:
- Construct a sub-system that will allow online management of website and ACA members, as well as the possibility for each site visitor to register and manage his/her personal profile. Due to this partial redesign we have presently removed the Membership Form from the site.
- Connect the website with PayPal’s payment system, so as to be able to pay subscriptions online.
- Continuously update the Calendar application with upcoming events.
- Debug the website and correct any remaining errors in the articles.
You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.
You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.